Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wire, Minnie Driver

from the CD "Everything I've Got In My Pocket' - I am going to put this song on repeat and write my own poetry while listening, it has summoned me from way inside

Living on a wire
the sight of you could save my skin
the sun is in my eyes
and the breeze lifts the hair from my neck
so precariously
I am inching my way across my life
Could fall if you don't call
A sick safety net appears when I see you

Oh, I climb so high, waiting to fall ...

How does it go down when
you're the biggest kid in your own playground
And how do you see me,
how do I fit into your hierarchy?
Oh you tell the girls line up in single file
Just gotta rearrange my denial
And I will play with you,
and now I see all the shit that isn't me
I'm too relieved to be mad,
relieved and sad

I misplaced my mind, thought it was lost
and now I find you were just very very unkind

You know I always found when my feet
were dangling looking for solid ground
Is it maybe worth closing down the Ivory Tower
and coming back down to earth?

Oh, I climb so high, waiting to fall...
And then I cry like a child
on a never-ending ride,
Waiting to fall

Oh, I climb so high, waiting to fall...
and then I cry like a child
on a never-ending ride,
waiting to fall

0 comments: