Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Theater


What a feeling inside me, coming around the corner to see these theater seats, red velvet, worn, an entire empty theater. If I had known how well my flash would work, I would've made more attempts, tried more angles. I sometimes find myself inhaling sharply in response to something, some place, some ambiance or sensory impression. That happened to me here -- and then it takes me three days to really exhale, because I feel as if I've absorbed the entirety of it (in this case, the place AND ambiance) ... I felt I was reeling from the intoxicant of its historicity!

1 comments:

Veronica said...

Did you sit in any of the seats???? Just imagine what stories each and every one of those seats could tell.... who sat there, what they were saying, what they were watching..... oh my gosh, to just imagine..........