Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Altered Book: A Sense of Place - Progress

All of my altered book spreads got finished Friday evening and Saturday, except the sign-in page. The cover, just masking taped to death, then coated with white gesso. This is just a base prep; I won't do the cover until after it comes back to me with the other 3 women's spreads. On the left is the tag that goes into the sewn triangular pocket. This one is my favorite layout. These are the back sides of 2 vintage envelopes, which I stamped then painted in. The tags inserted into the vintage envelopes. The backs of the tags -- I mean it when I say I'm trying to lighten up myself, be more fanciful! This one is Double BB's favorite layout.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh T
This is stunning. So, beautiful you really did a great job. I love everything about it and the pockets? wow? This is jut out of this world. I love everything about it.

Carolina said...

Love, love, love all your pages. If it's okay with you I'd love to CASE the one with the turn page with the laced ribbon. I totally saw an idea for a card as soon as I saw it...simply beautiful! The tags are gorgeous as well!

Mercedes said...

absolutely beautiful I don´t know what like more because I love everyone, so soft and so melancolic. Great work with the envelopes ,it´s another way to " play" with imagination.